More Than Just Childcare
Vestavia Day School offers up multiple opportunities for your child, but what about the rest of the family? Since VDS is an outreach ministry of Vestavia Hills United Methodist Church, that means your whole family has a myriad of options to get more involved in the community. Check out this video to see some of the great ministries of the church that your entire family can become a part of!
Why Choose Vestavia Day School
- Teaching staff with education or early childhood degrees/certificates
- Lower than state required teacher to child ratios
- Minimum of two teachers in each classroom
- Low teacher turn-over rates
- Movement education taught by a state certified PE teacher
- High quality music classes and programs
- Weekly worship led by VHUMC clergy (3-5 year old classes)
- State licensed and pursuing national accreditation with National
- Accreditation Commission for Early Care and Education Programs
- Whale of a Sale children’s consignment sales – fall and spring
- VDS offers a safe environment through the use of a secured wing of the church, accessed only by those with a school issued key card
CHECK OUT OUR PROGRAM RATES
We have a multitude of options designed to fit your family's current needs. See what classes we have and know the cost up front!
Vestavia Day School is an outreach ministry of Vestavia Hills United Methodist Church. We are committed to instruct and guide each child spiritually, cognitively, socially and emotionally in a safe nurturing environment. We provide the spiritual and academic foundation on which each child can become a life-long learner.
To offer quality care in a developmentally appropriate environment where children are encouraged to learn according to their individual needs and interests.
To foster each child’s sense of self, self-worth & confidence.
To provide an environment for children that will serve to enrich their understanding and appreciation of their family, community & world about them.
To facilitate a partnership with parents through effective and open communications concerning the welfare and development of the child.
Statement of Faith
Because Vestavia Day School is a ministry of VHUMC, everything that we do is guided by Christian Principles of God’s love, his care for us and creation of our world. Our program will have daily prayers, place special focus on Christian holy days, will use a Christian curriculum and will provide a weekly worship for the children. Our Christian principles guide us in how we discipline, how we resolve conflict and will be at the core of all of our interactions with teachers, students, parents and the community.
In addition to the movement and music classes included in your child’s tuition, Vestavia Day School has the following programs in-house. These programs are listed below. For payment and additional information, please click on the link listed for that program.